“Teachers Do As You Say:”
Confronting Bullying and Cyber-Bullying
Roxanne Henkin, The University of Texas at San Antonio
Carla Suffern, Pease Middle School, Northside Independent School District, San Antonio, Texas
Mickey Nuccio, Chicago Public Schools, Chicago, Illinois
The National Council of Teachers of English Annual Convention
San Antonio, Texas, November 2008
• www.antibullying.net This Antibullying Network comes from Scotland; it disseminates many ideas about bullying in schools and how it can be tackled
• www.wcwonline.org/bullying/index.html The Project on Teasing and Bullying is part of the Wellesley Centers for Women. The website describes the projects goals, activities and training.
• www.passion-4.net/bullying/index.shtml This is a list of the one hundred bullying websites on the internet
• http://www.cyberbullying.us/ A clearinghouse with information on cyber-bullying
• http://dontlaugh.org This is the Operation Respect: Don’t Laugh at Me site, founded by Peter Yarrow, of Peter, Paul and Mary.
• http://groundspark.org This website promotes the extraordinary films that Debra Chasnoff has created including Let’s Get Real
• Confronting Bullying: Literacy As A Tool For Character Education by Roxanne Henkin. Heinemann (2005).
• http://roxannehenkin.blogspot.com/ My blog
• http://www.roxannehenkin.com/ My website
• email@example.com My email